To achieve excellence and pioneering standard in nanoscience and technology and their applications.
To perform innovative research work and to develop nanotechnology through qualifying scientific specialized cadre, establishing effective societal partnership and settling the technology necessary for building national economy.
- Development of areas of excellence for future nanotechnology techniques.
- Encouragement of scientific research in nanoscience and technology.
- Dissemination of scientific awareness of nanoscience and technology.
- Establishing strategic partnerships in the area of developing nanotechnology.
- Promotion of national knowledge-based economy through applied nanotechnology research outcomes.
KAIN in brief
To fulfill the vision of the Custodian of the two Holy Mosques King Abdullah Ben Abdul-Aziz in encouraging scientific researches in the field of Nanoscience and Nanotechnologyin Saudi universities, King Saud University (KSU) established a program of nanotechnology. This program was developed into an institute. KSU council approved the establishment of "Institute of the Custodian of the two Holy Mosques for Nanoresearch" on 26/ 03 / 1428. Approval of the Higher Council of Education was obtained in 02 / 06 / 1428, for the establishment of what is called today "King Abdullah Institute for Nanotechnology" (KAIN).