About Institute (KAIN)
King Abdullah Institute for Nanotechnology (KAIN) is a part of King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which was established in 2007. The mission of KAIN is to perform innovative research work and to develop nanotechnology based research through qualifying scientific specialized cadre, establishing effective societal partnership and settling the technology necessary for building national economy. At the KAIN, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service.
Position Summary: Assistant Professor/Research Scientist
• Characterize and validate MEMS sensors and modules.
• Analyze test data to identify key design of cantilevers and fabrication process variables for sensor performances.
• Develop bench test setups to characterize the performance of sensors.
• Lead debug efforts to resolve product and/or production test related issues.
• Drive test time reduction efforts and improvements in test coverage.
• Automate data analysis to improve testing throughput.
• Generate SOP documents for characterization and validation.
• Apply existing knowledge and gain new knowledge toward thermal sensor units.
• Work in a team environment and contribute their knowledge to the team.
• Lead interactions with other scientists and engineers to solve technical problems.
• Prepare proposals and represent the work of the R&D team to project sponsors.
Experience / Qualifications
• Ph.D. in physics or chemistry or chemical engineering or a related science or engineering discipline.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in MEMS/Sensor based research (Experience during PhD is accepted)
• Experience in characterization sensor arrays over thermal/mechanical stress and reliability tests
• Experience with microsystem design, fabrication and integration
• Strong programming skills
• Experience using and controlling (via software) bench top test equipment (probe stations, scopes, function generators, spectrum analyzer etc.).
• Good writing and verbal communication skills and ability to convey information clearly and precisely.
• Technical background and eagerness to learn new tools/techniques and to share knowledge with the team.
• Ability to deal with colleagues, researchers, staff, and students in a high level of collegiality with willingness of collaboration.
• 3 or more years experience in the operation and development of process equipment in microsystem design, fabrication and integration.
• Experience using multiphysics finite element analysis tools
• Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams
• Demonstrated ability to prepare proposals and secure funding
• Demonstrated leadership potential
• Adaptability to changing tasks and projects as needed
• Problem-solving skills to develop creative technical solutions
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Eagerness to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
As per University norms
As per Saudi Government norms
For any further queries please contact Prof. Abdullah Alodhayb, by filling the following form: